Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Is it Age or HIV....?

Is it age or is it HIV? As people with HIV are now living longer, treatment of HIV has become more complex. Health conditions such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, osteoporosis and depression can be attributed to both HIV and age. Some drug companies may like us to think aging causes some of these health conditions in order to minimize the associated side effects of their drugs. What do you think? What do you think about as you're aging with HIV?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sure that some of what I personally feel is due to age, however I also believe that the medications as well as HIV/Hep C have exacerbated the process as well. I have aches and pains that I should not have to this degree until much later in life from my own opinion./

Anonymous said...

I'm 60 and have been living with HIV for (??? I tested positive in 1988) and have chronic diabetes 2, high blood pressure, neuropathy and severe cramping all of which I would attribute to HIV and/or the meds and not to my age. No one in my family has any of these problems and in fact both my parents have lived into their 90s.

Anonymous said...

Yeah am getting there and i haven't had any of these symtoms but am sure it will eventually. I do experience frequent urination from the meds which am sure will cause some sort of health problem eventually. I am gaining lots of weight and I know it is from been healthy from the meds. I have been lacking motivation to do something about my weight. Probably weary from having to maintain my health daily. Maybe a push out the door to do some exercises like walking, hiking, swimming. I do but not often enough. My legs problem I have is from my weight that i have never had to carry before. Motivation! Motivation! Keyword