Thursday, September 4, 2008

Nutrition & HIV. Are you maintaining the balance?

Good nutrition is very important for people with HIV. However, this can be a problem for many PHA’s. When your body fights HIV, it uses more energy and you need to eat more than normal. You need to increase the amount of food you eat and maintain your lean body weight. A moderate exercise program will help your body turn your food into muscle. Having extra muscle weight will help you fight HIV. Make sure you eat plenty of protein and starches, with moderate amounts of fat and plenty of vegetables, fruits and whole grain foods. Supplements can help you maintain your body weight and get the vitamins and minerals you need. Drinking enough liquids is very important when you are on HAART and can help reduce some side effects like dry mouth and constipation. What are your thoughts? Are you having a difficult time eating? Do you have any information on nutrition to share with others?

3 comments:

madhuri said...

Well this is a nice Blog on most important facts. I am happy to read this. But I am looking more and more info. Please add some thing more. I shall link from my blogs to this blog to day itself.
Last week I have found a nice informative guide on HIV from following URL http://www.hiv-info.org/health-news.php
This site says - HIV should Cure Through herbal medicines and Holistic Treatment, It’s a latest treatment it can kill HIV virus. This site gives you all the information about HIV. Guide claims that HIV viruses can't be killed but they can be ousted out of the body cells using bio magnetic repulsion or something written. I dreamt of a HIV free world after reading this guide.
Hope to read more from you people soon.
Wish you all a nice and fantastic Day for you

meenu said...

Last week when I was searching for P24 Antigen test I found a nice guide on HIV treatment detailing how to cure the deadly disease through herbal means. Good and nice guide downloadable from following URL http://www.hiv-info.org/message-board.htm

Well this is an amazing subject. This blog is really one of the apt one I have found on this subject. I appreciate the blog master and hope will add more informative posts to this Blog.
I have linked this blog from my blogs already hope this will be helpful to drive my visitors to this blog.
Have a nice day
Meenu

BCPWA Treatment Information Program said...

Please be cautious whenever it says something can cure HIV. This has never been proven. Herbal medicine and holistic treatment can benefit greatly but it is not a cure.